3.18.2009

Idolizing Lambert

Adam Lambert is definitely my favourite this year. I think that's pretty obvious.
He's in a league of his own and it excites me to no end that he shakes up the judges the way he does.
He'll get picked up regardless, and I'll be first in line for tickets to his show.

I hope he gets to show his gentler side at some point during the competition though. He can deliver, and I think the judges as well as the audience need to know he can make that stretch. It'd be a shame if we never got to see that.
We know how original and hot he can be, now let us get close.

As the performances evolve, so do the performers.

Allison Iraheta is awesome. She's my new second favourite to Adam. She is so versatile. Can do country, rock, pop, pretty much anything they throw at her, and she's so incredibly young to be able to handle that with such grace.

Anoop Desai really shone this round, and he is definitely third on my list of great singers. I'm just not sure he has the versatility and audience appeal he'll need to make it to the top four.

Danny Gokey. I love this guy. I think he's a great singer, but he may have shot himself in the foot with the "Jesus" song. Kind of like the little blond Elvis from the last American Idol. Jaydee Bixby.

That's it.

I wasn't really that impressed with the others this week and it broke my heart that Alexis Grace didn't smoke that song. She's such an awesome singer, and totally marketable.

Lil Rounds, though I love her voice, didn't showcase it properly this week. This would have been a perfect opportunity to do a heart stopping ballad, and she would have knocked it out of the ballpark.

Megan Joy. I like her. She's very marketable but I'm not too sure where she'd fit. I'm still waiting and hoping to hear something remarkable from her.

moot or hooey?
although originality is a must, necessity is the mother of reinvention.

No comments: